Friday, July 08, 2005

More Words (an attempt to display something, rather than just rambling)

I'm a mess. I'm totally fine. I'm a disaster waiting to see the light. I'm content, my heart is not racing.

I always, always want to allude to something i've already written, maybe to better explain myself, 'cause i'm afraid I can't explain myself, but don't want to repeat myself, don't want to beat a dead horse, rotting in the sun, rotting on the screen waiting for another dot, another comma, another pointless phrase.

I should move to North Pole, start a snow shoveling business. I should do this, and I should do that, probably should buy a new hat......okay, now I'm just being dumb......in an effort to salvage this post (if that's possible) i'll post an old "poem" (what the hell do you call these/those anyway) from a trip, when i was feeling better (in an order to do something positive, say something maybe with a twist of hope, for "art's" sake, for something...)this was sitting open faced on my amp waiting to be flipped over, or shared...whatever....


here goes.....

from 5-27-2005 12:10am

Late at night
when the time zone's still hold their sway
exasperate this story,
leak this scene to media moguls
who live in "the middle of nowhere"
listen like a forest
rain, rain, rain.
Feel the drops
read the next line
will your eyes open (sleeping IS an option)
put yourself in situatios
where it's easier to be "enlightened"
take a ferry to an island, if you can get there easily.
Stand on a long winded dock,
take in the salt water smell,
stand there long enough for it to soak in to your clothing...
tell yourself the moment is good enough for this...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like these words too! Nice attempt...definitely not rambling. :) good stuff.

July 11, 2005 at 6:26 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

ooh, north pole. tell me more about eskimos. i rode a plane with an eskimo once--he was a nice guy. those darn eskimos.

July 11, 2005 at 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, can i add your blog as a link on my blog?

July 12, 2005 at 6:53 AM  
Blogger Andronicus said...

sure

July 12, 2005 at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home