Monday, July 04, 2005

More wandering...

...When I go walking around downtown, I'm a potential blog-spewer. I'm full of enough content to fill a small kansas town library. Unfortunately it's never very positive. There's something about walking around downtown, that makes me feel like a dissenter of the dissenters; an individual lost in the over-individuality; a loner in a lonely world. I had a bag of old clothes to take to the Salvation Army, but they were closed and "dumping" as the sign points out is illegal. I should have assumed businesses would be closed on Indepence Day. I didn't expect the atm machine to be out of order though. My checking count is hanging by a thread, and it's essential that i deposit some checks. A Steve Buscemi look-a-like quips to me "it's all tapped out". I try and make stupid banter...."looks like there's no money left" I say. Dumb.....
I'm home and Mom is frying chicken in the kitchen. There are no fireworks in town these days, and it's harder to get excited about the city ones when you don't have a group to go with...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss having a group of friends too. don't really have that in baton rouge. at least we can hang out on the blog. ;) we're dorks, huh?

July 8, 2005 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Andronicus said...

yes we are dorks....but at least were not living in the basement of our parents house....oh wait..I am......thanks for reading Bev

July 8, 2005 at 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 4th sucked for me too - no friends to barbeque with, watch/set off fireworks. It makes me sad - the 4th was always such a fun holiday - one of my favorites. Its nice to know I wasn't the only disappointed one (I hate disappointment). (and why is that nice anyway? that seems an awful thing to say)

July 12, 2005 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home