Friday, January 28, 2005

If you want, close your eyes....

Imagine a man with nothing to say. Imagine a man sitting at his keyboard watching the cursor blink, waiting for action. Imagine a man in a borderline hypnotic state, blinking to the rhythm of the aforementioned cursor. Imagine this man without imagining the song "Imagine" by John Lennon or the recent cover of it by that Tool guy. Imagine this is me...........it could be..........but it isn't............at least not tonight...............it's been me before, and i'll admit to erasing and starting over, even when I didn't know what I was going to say anyway............Oh yah, I've done that...............(imagine me raising my hand as if to answer a question in grade school). But tonight........I type........I don't care that I have nothing funny, deep, spiritual to say.......in fact screw that..I write to fill the pages so to speak. I write the babble because I can, and i have both hands, so I might as well.
Imagine a movie about nothing. Oh, you're thinking of one now are you? Well, you haven't seen it. And it's not a referrence to Adaptation, or to Seinfeld. I'm talking about NOTHING! No plot twists, no character development, no characters, no budget......presto........wait a second............I'VE MADE THIS MOVIE! Yes, that's right folks...........for 9.99..........I will send you my film of nothing!
I don't know why I'm on this Nothing kick.....(please feel free to not comment, I'm not fishing for Comments on this one).............I remind myself the time I convinced my couzin you could major in "Nothing" at Ku....and that I was considering it for my Masters Degree......I explained how, it wasn't a false degree, but it was an actual study of the study's of nothingness...........I was lying, but it was funny. And I guess to a "degree" there probably is something like that somewhere........but hey, it was funny at the time.....so laugh.....okay don't.......that' wasn't funny..............wow, i'm boring myself, no wait.......i'm amusing myself.........sorry to waste your time............go hug your respective kid/wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/friend/kinda friend/more than a friend, but not boyfriend or girlfriend/mother/father/sister/brother/Grandpa/Grandma/Uncle/Aunt/cousin/niece/nephew/neighbor/
in-law/stranger etc..........
and if you really want a challenge, go hug your enemy..........easier said than done..........lata.........

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

so i've had my eyes closed this whole time, and nothing's happened. what's going on here? is this some kind of a cruel joke? i can't een see what i'm typsing. who are you?" where do you come from? and who told you you could tell others to close their eyes? how will i know when you say to open them again IF I CAN'T SEES YOU!

January 30, 2005 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Andronicus said...

......that's comedy....aj

January 30, 2005 at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home