Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Sexiest Woman in the World

This past week i've been delivering flowers again. Today was a strange day, but in a good way, not a creepy, wish-it-never-happened-way. Instead of writing endlessly about the silliness I appreciate and or perceive, I shall commence with one of my original concepts for this site. And that is the lists. Ben Mattson wanted me to start one of these blog deals for that purpose solely. When I used to be in the future world dominating Rock and Roll band 10 Sugar Charlie (www.10sugarcharlie.com, shameless plug for great friends) I used to make ridiculous lists all the time. I was going to re-post the ones I found, mostly for his, and Matt's viewing pleasure, but I think unless there is a great demand for the old ones, I shall start anew. Most of the lists in the past were made in crowded and smoky bar tables as we awaited the the "headlining" band to quit playing so we could leave, or before practice. Sometimes they were just about james, or just about nothing. They are not necessarily top 10 either.
So today's list is............TOP THINGS THAT I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED OR SEEN BEFORE IN DECEMBER.

7. 74 DEGREE WEATHER. (today's high, for real)
6. THE SEXIEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD. (note to reader, this was what was written on the card for a lady i delivered flowers too. I was dissapointed, because she definately was (in my opinion) NOT the sexiest, or anywere close to the sexiest woman in the world, more proof that beauty is in the eye of the beholder). In fact, she was not even remotely attractive. But she did break a 4 day no tips streak, with a healthy 3$!!! Thanks Sexiest Woman in the World, I'm rethinking what I previously typed, you are a kind and generous soul!!!!!!
5. A DOG CADDY.
4. 3 OF LAWRENCE'S TOP WACKED OUT VAGRANTS ALL WITHIN THE SAME BLOCK. YES THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, THE "I LOVE YOU" GUY, THE TREE TALKER, AND THE CRAZY PEACE MAN, WERE ALL ON THE SAME BLOCK TODAY.
3. Ignore this one
2. My fifth grade teacher appearing out of nowhere and following me for 3 or so miles in a blue pick up truck with a gargantuan JayHawk painted on the hood. I don't think he saw me.
1. Phil, as in the previous owner of the "Phil Zone" and former Lawrence Journal World receiver. He came in the store carrying two six packs of imported beer and wanting some flowers. "hey phil" I said, "i don't know if you remember me, but I used to throw your paper about 15 years ago." "Oh yes" he said...."I'm glad you said something"..........

those weren't in any order...........just some random coincedences, that made the day go smoother, oh yah, i also found my old Medicine and Dear Ephesus "cassette" tapes, so i listened to them today as I was driving around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you give me $3, andy, i promise to refer to you from this day forward as 'the sexiest woman in the world.'

think it over. i do take paypal.

matt

December 30, 2004 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

oh, for a second, i thought you were talking about me, but then i remembered "i'm dead and i can't tip, you ninny!" and then realized i can't tip as a dead woman, but i can still call myself a ninny.

December 30, 2004 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home