Wednesday, October 05, 2005

the life, the now

...there's something kinda depressing, and kinda comforting about being on this computer, searching whatever, listening to music when it calls, and listening to mom and dad working at a cross word puzzle in the kitchen (something they never used to do).
Today I rode my bike for a long time. The weather outside feels like Seattle, and I love it. I was riding up on the hill at Ku, and the football team was practicing their two minute drills with fake crowd noise blaring through the loud speakers obviously in an effort to be able to make plays without being able to hear. I couldn't help but think as my back was turned, pumping my legs up the steep hill, that maybe I was Lance Armstrong, and the crowd was roaring as I neared the top of the hill, pushing me on to beat the frenchmen....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your victorious win! Keep up the great work!
:o) Heather

October 6, 2005 at 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cool picture you paint a/b biking like Lance Armstrong. I like it. :) and I'm jealous you went for a nice long ride. and I do love this weather too. I'll bet Lawrence is super pretty right now.
Also, my friend called me this morning saying there was a super big apt. fire in Lawrence (she forgot I'm in Wichita, not Lawrence).......what do you know? Everyone okay?

October 7, 2005 at 11:46 PM  
Blogger Andronicus said...

thanks Aunt Jenny! three people are unaccounted for in teh apartment fire, but they might just be out of town, hopefully. I don't know anyone that lives there.

October 8, 2005 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home