Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Hear, the Now

I wish I could do this in real time. Today I think I might have the best job ever. I just sit at a desk with internet capabilities, and occasionally sell people something they want, bus passes. It's raining today, so there are more people who want them. It only interupts my random fact searching, and emailing you, dear readers. Today I learned about Alexander the great. I recently watched "Alexander", and I could go on and on about a few scenes I liked, but a mostly dissapointing movie, yet not as bad as the media machine will tell you. It did get me re-interested in ancient history. I started rewatching "Alexander" yesterday afternoon with the directors commentary. I think these are a great asset, but also kind of a way to waste more time on movies that may or may not be worth watching to begin with. In "Alexander"'s case, it was giving the director a chance to explain himself. Three cheers go to mr. Oliver Stone for tackling such an expansive story, maybe i'll give you two stars for the finished product. Sorry, I did really like the scene with the elephant's and the horses that were scared of them. That, was pretty realistic (except for the over slow mow stuff). I don't remember where I was going with any of this. Such is life. I do know that I've been reading a lot of great stuff lately. Unfortunately for me and you, dear readers, methinks after I'm over-inspired, my reaction is more drivel, rather than going forth with anything affirming of the profoundness I just experienced. For that I am sorry. Right now there is a girl sitting in a chair complaining that people ignore her when she has her iPod headphones in. Go figure girl. I just saw Steve the Janitor pass by pushing a trash can. Last year, I worked with him 3 weeks up here in the Union. He said hi. I said hi.
There is a guy across from my desk who is drinking Mellow Yellow, but as he walked by me for a split second I was certain it was Surge! I wanted to say, "dude, no way, were did you get that". At that point I realized it was Mellow Yellow. It's not that I liked Surge. I think I didn't really. I remember when it came out in High School, and they (the surge pushers) let us have a free one....just to get us started.....i don't feel like finishing this one with any semblence of a true ending....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home