Saturday, April 09, 2005

...And now perhaps, a collective groan, and then maybe some "poems"...

The ACHE

Some want to be soothed,
With the probability
Of their own inventions
The "genius species"
Complicated in verse,
On paper,
Rhythmic simplexities,
Audible rapture....
Others, In the same light
Grow only the more wearier,
With the knowledge of their own potential,
Some say they have or had,
Blaming their failures on themeselves,
Justly,
This whole mess,
Self stated circle of thought,
Continues on into morning,
Perhaps rightly so...
Perhaps not for the best.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bahnsen Burner said...

Hi Andy,

I came to your site after responding to your comments on Paul Manata's blog.

I liked reading your poem. It prompted me to look in my diary from 1998, where I found the following poem that I wrote:

I will
proudly
fail all religious tests,
even those
in a courtroom:

“Do you swear
to tell the truth,
the whole truth,
and nothing
but the truth,
so help you God?”
asks the bailiff.

“I recognize no god,"
I said.
"I do not tell
the truth
because I fear
an imaginary scarecrow.
I tell the truth
because I value it.”

I think that says it all.

April 11, 2005 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

viva la poetry

April 11, 2005 at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home