Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Driving 'round town.

...So I've verbally admitted to myself that I can be quite lazy, and today was no exception. I got up around 10, checked my email, had some Honey Nut cheerios, and watched a movie. It made me feel better about laying around, but worse because I didn't want to live in Kansas anymore, at least not today. I don't feel like telling you what movie it was, so there. I did some laundry, and proceeded to do at least one civic and or household good deed by rounding up all the recyclables and taking them to the walmart (hell-mart, death-mart, abuse-mart, dog-mart, depress-mart are some other names I use for it) recycling center. There's something about the whole walmart experience that thickens the dark clouds already brewing around my head. I empty the milk jugs, the tin cans, brown sacks, junk mail, newspaper, plastic bottles, plastic sacks, and finally the clear glass (I broke a glass washing dishes yesterday), and I'm on my way. I didn't even go in the store today, didn't spend a nickel, but the feeling is the same. I go to the nearby Best Buy for no reason, and knew this was a bad idea. If I'm already in a foul mood, I should know better than going to Best Buy. Too many Cd's I shant buy. I'm back in the parking lot (should I be using paragraphs here....i don't know) and am driving home. I don't want to go home in particular, so I take the long, scenic way. I drive by Phil's old house which still looks pretty much the same. The gum sign had no gum on it though. (There is a no parking sign close to Phil's house that we used to put our gum on). I drive over the Ku hill, still feeling miserable for no particular reason, when the "DJ" from the local college radio station fumbles through a simple list of bands playing particular shows this evening. Apparently the "Ice Cream Sandwiches" are playing tonight. I had to smile. I could not hold it back. Even when nothing else seemed funny, interesting, or worth caring about, this of all things snapped the disaffected mood.
Oh, that is funny. The ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. They must be Emo.
As I'm writing this, Molly, my little sister hands me a letter that apparently got lost in a stack of her mail. It's a bill to Galichia Medical Group, from several outstanding doctor's visits, but it doesn't even phase me now, I take it in stride....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home