Sunday, February 05, 2006

More insanity

I really hate discussing spin in the news. It seems so futile sometimes. But in light of recent discoveries involving a Danish newspaper (my family's country of origin) that printed an unappealing characiture of the prophet Mohammed, complete insanity has ensued. The Danish embassy has been trashed, and people are going complete Ape shit in the streets over this. The most depressing thing about it is my own countrymen defending the terrorists! INSANITY! I thought we praised free speech! I thought we loved the possibilty of mocking religion!? It's a billion dollar industry hear in America making fun of the majority's faith. I do speak of Christianity. It's very cool, at least in this town to make light of the teachings of Christ.
Denmark, you're ok in my book. If any Danes per chance are reading this. Don't back down guys. Don't back down.

Here is an excerpt from an interview with the Editor of the Danish paper:
"When I go to a mosque, I behave by the rules that exist in that holy house. I will not stand up and make a cartoon of the holy prophet in a mosque. But I think if any religion insists that I, as a non-Muslim, should submit to their taboos, then I don't think they're showing me respect. I think they're asking for my submission. This is a key issue in this debate."

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

you tell them, brother editor...

February 13, 2006 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home