Monday, November 28, 2005

Sorry 'bout the wait patient readers.

...So, i can't get over this dread of writing sometimes. I feel like I should, because there's a lot on my mind, but it comes out as drivel, very safe drivel, not exposing, shocking, or informative drivel. (Side note, I would recommend Steve Martin's "Pure Drivel" if you like laughing a lot)

Safe blogs refer to good and happy things, and for the moment that's what I shall write.

Good things of recent:
1. I have been working reguraly, perhaps even more than regular, a lot. I assemble high end speakers for a company here in Lawrence called Martin Logan (more on that possibly later) www.martinlogan.com

2. Ku beat Iowa State making them 6-0 at home for the first time since the 50's. I got to see the end of the game (i've become accustomed to walking into the stadium in the fourth quarter when they stop caring about taking tickets) with my brother and Dennis (nathan beard). I also saw them beat Missouri, and Nebraska, which I personally have been waiting for since 1984 or so.

3. I have a "new" car. It totally works. It rules. 1992 Pontiac Bonneville Praise the Lord. It's the nicest car I've ever owned, and even has a cd player, which is slightly euphoric for me at times.

4. Took the aformentioned car on a solo journey to Nebraska for thanksgiving. Saw most of relatives, including Grandpa with cancer. He's usually pretty irritable, and grumpy, but ironically, he was more upbeat than i've seen him in years. Strange how life works.

5. It's snowing here.

6. I am going to do something else now, but once again, thanks for inflating my ego with over 10 comments on previous posts (even if a few merely said "comment 9) or what have you.

have a glorius day. light a candle, watch it gleem.

1 Comments:

Blogger George Parker Montgomery said...

Yay! You posted. I should really post too. But I don't think anyone reads mine. Eh, it's the end of the semester, I should write something soon.

November 29, 2005 at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home