Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Local Man gets rare day off!

This morning I could not sleep past 7:00am......it was mysterious. I laid there untill 7:30 am thinking, "surely, i can fall back asleep". It was not to happen, and it, methinks, is a good thing. Perhaps i'm "turning a new leaf" with all this regularity, that is going to work everyday at the same time, etc. It's good for me. Today is my first day off, besides sundays, since I've started a little of three weeks ago. Oh, yah, my new full time "job" (ok, i know i overuse the quotation marks, and in this case, it's not sarcastic as usual, because alas, it is a full time job!) is with a local company called Martin Logan. There I assemble and wire high end home theatre speakers and subwoofers. Not totally my bag, but vaguelly related somehow to "communications" as many people have been saying. The best thing so far about the job (besides the thought of being able to climb out of debt with a ladder, rather than a piece of dental floss like i've been doing)is the privilege to be able to shoot the breeze with people without as much desire to avoid the conversation in the past. People who don't know you really well always seem to want to talk about your job, which is just one fraction of my or anyone's crazy life, and I usually haven't wanted to talk about it since I was never doing anything regular. So, it's nice to be able to give the people what they want, job news!
This morning was like a "gold nugget found on the ocean shoreline somewhere up north where they don't have oceans" (a quote from me earlier today, hey, Shua thought it was funny ) Instead of sleeping in, I went and met Shua for an early game of disc golf on the local course while the dew was still wet. I think I would have beat him too if he hadn't have thrown his shoulder out again on hole 17! DOGH! I'm also about to embark on a mission I've never emarked on. I'm going to get a massage from a professional down town. My back hurts like a monkey, and I think it's high time i try this remedy. I've never had the money too in the past. This time I don't care. More news on that later........ok, gettin tired of typing...have a good day......if you care to see the website of my job, try copying and pasting
www. martinlogan.com to you're browser. Viva la Autumn!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

So, do you work in KC then? I'm excited to eat. LOL :)

Is Aunt Jenny, Jenny D?

November 3, 2005 at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home